解决方案搜寻 技术支持

10W offline flyback for analog application

Posted by: ex on

Hi,

I'm looking for an isolated 10W peak offline flyback for a small analog amplifier and for me it looks like you recommend TOPSwitch for audio applications.  Is this still valid? What's the reason for that? I'm using InnoSwitches in another applications and I'm wondering what's the reason the TOPSwitch is preferred? 

Don't hessitate to give me another recommendation. 

Regards,

评论

Submitted by ex on 02/20/2024

Hi,

Does anybody have an idea or recommendation?

Regards,

Submitted by PI-Sugomi on 02/20/2024

Hi Ex,

Yes. TOPSwitch is a good option. But it still all depends on your requirements. Basically, InnoSwitch is a more premium part that offers more features like higher efficiency, SR control and built-in safety isolation eliminating the need of an Optocoupler for secondary side control. So if these additional features are not necessary for your design then TOPSwitch is a better option.

Submitted by ex on 02/21/2024

Thank you for your response. So from an audio point of view and looking for a solution that provides high dynamic and low noise, the TOPSwitch if preferred? Or is it the price/features point, that makes it a good choice. I try to understand if there is maybe some regulation or switching feature provided by the TOPSwitch that's not available with the InnoSwitch?

I personally like the InnoSwitch and have some in mass production, but if it had some disadvantages for audio circuits, I would prefer the TOPSwitch for this project. That 's the reason for my question.

Submitted by PI-Sugomi on 02/21/2024

They are both flyback, as far as the system is concern, they can both deliver the power and the same level of regulation. InnoSwitch shouldn't have any disadvantage for audio circuits, but just like what I mentioned, it has some added features like better efficiency. If those added features does not really add more value to your design, then in my opinion I would go with TOPSwitch. But hey, if you personally like the InnoSwitch, that is also perfectly fine, there is no disadvantage of using it on audio circuits that you have to worry about.

Submitted by ex on 02/22/2024

Thanks PI-Sugomi .